Zeke Creech has experience at the intersection of Law, Business, Policy, and People.
Private Practice. In private practice, Zeke has experience or can assist clients in the following areas:
• Guidance: Providing guidance on the applicability of statutes and government regulations and policies.
• Licensing: Preparing and assisting with State licensure applications and matters.
• Hearings: Representing parties before government agencies, boards, and commissions.
• Agency actions: Thoughtfully responding to certain matters involving federal, State, and local agencies and bodies.
Public Sector. In the public sector, Zeke has served as:
• Legislative Assistant to U.S. Representative Bob R. Etheridge (NC-02) in Washington, D.C.
• Hearings Officer with the N.C. Employment Security Commission.
• Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of North Carolina during the tenure of U.S. Attorney George E. B. Holding, Obama administration.
• General Counsel to the N.C. Department of Administration under Secretary Moses Carey, Jr., during the administration of Governor Beverly Eaves Perdue.
As General Counsel to a wide-ranging State agency, Zeke worked in the following areas or capacities:
• Council of State Advisor to the Governor, working in conjunction with the State Budget Director and others across State Government on State Property matters for monthly Council of State meetings.
• Division of Purchase & Contract, helping draft an agency bill for modernizing procurement in the State.
• N.C. Justice for Sterilization Victims Foundation, helping draft an agency bill to protect individuals forcibly sterilized by the State.
• State Environmental Review Clearinghouse (the central point of contact for receipt and circulation of environmental documents for review and comment under SEPA and NEPA).
• State Recovery Office (the office coordinating and monitoring federal stimulus funds), serving as counsel in its final months of operation.
• Agency Rule-making Coordinator.
• Public Records Requests.
• Ethics Liaison to the State Ethics Commission.
• Other Special Assignments and Projects, including the merger of Triad-area Councils of Government, the State’s Web Portal project, permitting and use of State facilities, ownership of submerged lands (Yadkin River), and energy-related initiatives, among others.